Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Cleanse: Day One

So,

One a scale of 1-5 stars for accomplishment in house cleaning, I'd say today is about a 2. I did manage to keep the kitchen straight, thus far, the living room is somewhat less cluttered, and the upstairs bathroom has been mostly cleaned. However, if I am going to get this house in order anytime soon, I'll have to do better than that each day.

On the other hand, I did accomplish the canning of peaches this morning! It is the start of the very brief peach season here in Cbus, so BW and I buy them when they are available. We can only eat so many peaches before they rot, so canning it is! I canned these peach halves using the hot pack method in a medium syrup (my 50's cookbooks say that's sirup, with an i) and then a water bath. They look lovely sitting on my counter cooling. I hope they will taste just as lovely when we go to eat them!

Tomorrow's Cleanse quest: Master Bedroom...

No comments: