Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cookies!

Good Afternoon,

Well, the winter blah is out in force around Columbus today.  The entire DD household is down for the count with flu-like symptoms.  However, this has not stopped the production of....

Christmas Cookies! *TADA*

Monday brought the creating of sugar cookie dough for some cutouts.  I used the basic recipe from the Better Homes and Garden's cookbook, then added a splash of hazelnut extract for fun and depth.  The cookies are good, but could use some tweaking in the future.  I think maybe adding some spice or candied citrus peel to them would work well.  For now they are dusted with cinnamon/clove sugar or red/green crystals.

Yesterday I happened upon these wonderful ginger cookies and made them immediately.  *Ree, I think, is a goddess of the kitchen, and you should read her blog.*  I used some butter, which made them a bit crispier than hers look.  I just couldn't bring myself to use the shortening...  I DID however, put in the fresh ginger and will stand by that decision forever.

I don't have any original recipes for you today, and I'm sorry.  Hopefully the creative gene will come back after the holiday is over.  For now, happy eating, and happy holidays!
DD

No comments: